On November 9, Circle Chart (previously Gaon) introduced the newest certifications for Korean albums and songs. Every month, they announce new certifications for albums and songs which have reached sure numbers of gross sales, downloads, or streams. These are at all times enormous achievements for artists, and are value congratulating after they’re introduced!
For the album class, an album will obtain a platinum certification at 250k gross sales, double platinum at 500k gross sales, triple platinum at 750k gross sales, and one million certification at a million gross sales (in addition to double, triple, and so on. for multiple-million gross sales).
For songs, there are two classes: Downloads and streaming. For downloads, a music will earn platinum at 2.5 million downloads, double platinum at 5 million downloads, triple at 7.5 million downloads, and diamond at 10 million downloads. For streaming, a platinum certification is awarded at 100 million streams, and a billion certification at a billion streams.
There are a ton of recent certifications for the month of November, with one specifically standing out for a way enormous of a milestone it’s!
BTS’s album Map of the Soul: 7, initially launched on February 21, 2020, has now change into the primary 5 million licensed vendor ever in South Korea.
The solely different album that comes near reaching this milestone is BTS’s personal 2019 Map of the Soul: Persona, which at the moment has round 4.6 million gross sales.
It simply goes to point out how a lot affect BTS has within the music business, since Map of the Soul: 7 was launched over two and a half years in the past and nonetheless managed to make sufficient present gross sales to succeed in the 5 million mark!
Along with this enormous achievement, BLACKPINK additionally made historical past for Ok-Pop lady teams by having their latest 2022 album, BORN PINK, change into the primary album by a lady group to earn a two million certification from Circle Chart.
BLACKPINK’s “DDU-DU DDU-DU” additionally grew to become the primary music by a Ok-Pop lady group to be licensed double platinum for surpassing 200 million streams! It’s additionally solely the fourth music ever to attain this, surpassed solely by BTS’s “Spring Day”, “Boy With Luv”, and “Dynamite”.
Here is an inventory of the opposite 9 albums to earn new certifications this month:
- Regulate by NCT 127: Platinum certification
- The ReVe Festival: Day 1 by Red Velvet: Platinum certification
- Fancy You by TWICE: Double platinum certification
- The Dream Chapter: Eternity by TXT: Double platinum certification
- IM NAYEON by Nayeon: Double platinum certification
- ENTWURF by NMIXX: Double platinum certification
- Savage by aespa: Triple platinum certification
- The Chaos Chapter: Freeze by TXT: Million certification
- 2 Baddies by NCT 127: Million certification
And listed below are the opposite 5 songs to do the identical by means of streaming:
- “Love Dive” by IVE: Platinum certification
- “TOMBOY” by (G)I-DLE: Platinum certification
- “Drunken Confession” by Kim Minseok: Platinum certification
- “Merry-Go-Round” by sokodomo (ft. Zion. T & Wonstein): Platinum certification
- “Ohayo My Night” by D-Hack & Pateko: Platinum certification
Congratulations to the entire artists who earned new certifications this month! It’s positively one thing to be pleased with.