There are so many debuts within the works!
While 2022 has seen the explosive debuts and success of a number of completely different rookie woman teams — together with LE SSERAFIM, NMIXX, IVE, NewDenims, and Kep1er — it has been a comparatively quiet yr for brand spanking new boy teams.
While there have been some boy teams that debuted this yr, none of them have discovered the identical huge reputation that quite a few Okay-Pop woman teams have. However, because of the plans that a number of completely different Korean leisure labels have for 2023, netizens assume that may change subsequent yr.
In truth, based on a latest publish made on a web based discussion board, at the least 10 main and smaller corporations have some type of boy group debut within the works, all of which could occur in 2023.
Among the most important labels planning some kind of debut within the close to future is SM Entertainment. It’s extremely seemingly that NCT will debut a brand new subunit — both NCT Hollywood or NCT Japan — that may characteristic each present and new members. And whereas there have been rumors at one level of a non-NCT group debuting, that doesn’t appear to be within the plans.
JYP Entertainment additionally has some promising potentialities within the works. Trainees from the survival present LOUD have been coaching for fairly some time now, and it’s fairly seemingly that they and maybe another trainees might debut in a brand new boy group in 2023. There may be a male model of NiziU within the works as nicely.
BigHit Music‘s Trainee A has been getting a lot of attention in recent times, and while they were supposed to debut in 2022, the departure of one of the trainees pushed that date back to possibly sometime in 2023.
Speaking of HYBE Labels‘ subsidiaries, there are rumors that Pledis Entertainment might also finally be debuting a new boy group, since it’s been over 7 years since their final boy group, SEVENTEEN, debuted. They’ve additionally been holding frequent auditions for a while, including extra proof to this declare.
Fantagio can also be on the checklist of corporations more likely to debut a brand new boy group in 2023. Sources have stated that Noh Sungchul, a former contestant on I-LAND, goes to debut in a Okay-Pop boy group quickly beneath their label.
There has been hype rising for KQ Entertainment‘s new group of rookies, known collectively as KQ Fellaz 2, as all of the 10 members have now been introduced and are uploading fairly regular content.
And finally, though there are few details to be shared about them so far, there are rumors that Cube Entertainment, KOZ Entertainment (Zico‘s label), MNH Entertainment (home to Chungha), and C-Jes Entertainment all also have some kind of boy group planned to debut in the near future.
Netizens are having a lot of different reactions to all of these possible new groups!
- “KeFelzㅠㅠㅠ I really hope that the babies hit big”
- “I’m severely wanting ahead to KOZ”
- “Oh looking forward to Pledis’ male idols”
- “If the rookies are out and that the current male idols make their comeback, the male idol industry will become a lot more fun… I’m excited”
- “Please Pledis, I’m looking forward to your group. There are trainees in your company that I’m waiting for. Please Pledis…”
- “Why am I so looking forward to Pledis..? maybe because none of them have been revealed, I’m even more curious”
- “I need sm to stop expanding nct and debut separate boygroups (but they probably won’t do it since nct all members albums sell like hot cookies)”
- “So no normal boy group from SM. I feel like SM has a big chance to hit it big with a new boy group so it’s a shame that they’re wasting away this opportunity. But I guess directors/CEOs ‘know better’ 🤷🏻♀️”
What do you consider this attainable thrilling line-up of Okay-Pop boy teams for 2023?