Which efficiency are you wanting ahead to most?
Earlier right this moment, the second lineup of performers for the 2022 MAMA Awards was introduced, including a number of soloists and rookie Ok-Pop teams to the already spectacular listing.
At this time, the artists deliberate to carry out for the primary day of the awards present (November 29) are Stray Kids, TXT, Kep1er, JO1, Hyolyn, FORESTELLA, BIBI, NMIXX, and LE SSERAFIM, whereas the line-up for the second day (November 30) consists of ITZY, ENHYPEN, IVE, TREASURE, Zico, Lim Youngwoong, (G)I-DLE, NiziU, INI, and NewJeans.
Along with being excited for the artists performing, nevertheless, some followers have seen one thing concerning the line-up that could be a bit attention-grabbing.
It appears that some Korean leisure labels are way more represented within the efficiency listing than others, most notably relating to the “Big Four” corporations.
JYP Entertainment and HYBE Labels each have 4 artists performing, making up almost half of the performers between the 2 of them. JYP Entertainment has Stray Kids, NMIXX, ITZY, and NiziU, whereas HYBE Labels has TXT, LE SSERAFIM, NewJeans, and ENHYPEN.
YG Entertainment has only one group within the line-up thus far — TREASURE — which exhibits that the label appears to be falling behind relating to recent new Ok-Pop teams in comparison with different labels nowadays.
Cube Entertainment is represented by (G)I-DLE and Starship Entertainment is represented by IVE, and each lady teams have been on the high of the charts this previous 12 months and retaining their corporations related!
But one “Big Four” firm is notably absent from the line-up of artists: SM Entertainment. Despite having extremely profitable artists like Red Velvet, NCT, and aespa which can be capable of compete in opposition to the preferred artists right this moment, thus far it doesn’t seem that any of them will probably be current on the awards present, at the least not on stage.
Of course, there might nonetheless be extra artists introduced for the line-up in coming days, however netizens have seen SM Entertainment’s absence thus far and have made feedback about it. Some suspect that the awards predictions might have one thing to do with it, whereas others imagine their artists are too busy with different schedules.
- “They won’t go because they won’t be getting an award.”
- “It’s been years since an SM Artist won a grand prize”
- “MAMA has nothing to give SM. aespa is losing to IVE, and Red Velvet is behind (G)I-DLE now. No award is left for them.”
- “Does SM have a beef with MAMA?”
- “SM is busy preparing for comebacks. Honestly, their artists’ comeback cycle this year is worse than last year.”
- “They won’t go because besides not getting awards, they also won’t get an ending stage… If they want awards, they should put out good songs and promote properly. And even if they won’t get awards, they should still attend to congratulate the winners. I guess they really want authority when they attend awards.”
- “is aespa locked up in sm dugeon? i dont see them anywhere in any award show or they dont have a good result for this year?”
- “As they should, MAMA is known for robbing SM idols year after year starting from 2009”
Time will inform if extra artists are added to the 2022 MAMA Awards efficiency line-up, however evidently if nothing else, JYP Entertainment and HYBE Labels followers needs to be excited for the present!