The season finale of House of the Dragon practically equaled a season excessive in streaming minutes, transferring the HBO collection to No. 3 total in Nielsen’s rankings for Oct. 17-23. The Watcher repeated as the highest title, and Netflix acquired a robust opening from its film The School for Good and Evil.
House of the Dragon gathered 1.01 billion minutes of viewing on HBO Max for the week forward of its Oct. 23 finale and the primary few hours of the ultimate episode’s availability. That’s simply shy of the season greatest 1.02 billion minutes the collection drew the week of Sept. 5. (The present’s streaming figures don’t embody any linear viewing on HBO’s cable channels; the outlet says House of the Dragon averaged 29 million viewers per episode throughout its 10-week run.)
The Watcher edged up in its second week, rising by 10 p.c to simply below 2.6 billion minutes of viewing for Netflix. The School for Good and Evil opened with 1.06 billion minutes, simply main all motion pictures and ending second total.
Prime Video’s The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power fell off a great quantity the week after its season finale, but it surely hung round within the prime 10 unique collection with 570 million minutes of viewing. Netflix’s From Scratch (522 million minutes) made its debut within the prime 10 originals, and Love Is Blind (683 million) and Unsolved Mysteries (672 million) returned with the premiere of recent seasons.
Halloween Ends fell by about 46 p.c in its second week on Peacock with 389 million minutes — sufficient to stay among the many prime motion pictures on streaming, per Nielsen, however outdoors the general prime 10.
Nielsen’s streaming rankings cowl viewing on TV units solely and don’t embody minutes watched on computer systems or cell gadgets. The rankings solely measure U.S. audiences, not these in different nations. The prime streaming titles for Oct. 17-23 are under.
1. The Watcher (Netflix), 2.6 billion minutes considered
2. The School for Good and Evil (Netflix), 1.06 billion
3. House of the Dragon (HBO Max), 1.01 billion
4. The Sinner (Netflix), 935 million
5. The Blacklist (Netflix), 807 million
6. NCIS (Netflix), 796 million
7. Gilmore Girls (Netflix), 792 million
8. Cocomelon (Netflix), 757 million
9. Love Is Blind (Netflix), 683 million
10. Unsolved Mysteries (Netflix), 672 million
1. The Watcher, 2.6 billion minutes
2. Love Is Blind, 683 million
3. Unsolved Mysteries, 672 million
4. Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story (Netflix), 599 million
5. The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime Video), 570 million
6. From Scratch (Netflix), 522 million
7. The Great British Baking Show (Netflix), 471 million
8. The Midnight Club (Netflix), 418 million
8 (tie). Andor (Disney+), 418 million
10. The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu), 398 million
1. House of the Dragon, 1.01 billion minutes
2. The Sinner, 935 million
3. The Blacklist, 807 million
4. NCIS, 796 million
5. Gilmore Girls, 792 million
6. Cocomelon, 757 million
7. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 563 million
8. Bluey (Disney+), 493 million
9. The Simpsons (Disney+), 452 million
10. The Big Bang Theory (HBO Max), 450 million