Jay Leno has been critically injured by a fireplace that broke out in his Los Angeles automobile storage.
The 72-year-old former late-night icon was burned in what he has described as a gasoline fireplace on Sunday, a supply confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
The former Tonight Show host was reportedly taken to Grossman Burn Center with “serious burns” to his face, according to TMZ.
“I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire,” learn an announcement from Leno. “I am OK. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet.”
People journal first reported that Leno canceled an look at a monetary convention in Las Vegas Sunday evening attributable to a well being challenge.
“His family was not able to provide us very many details, but there was a very serious medical emergency that is preventing Jay from traveling,” said an electronic mail to Forum 2022 attendees from The Financial Brand. “All we know is that he is alive, so our prayers go out to him and his family tonight.”
TMZ was first to report the hearth and claimed that one among Leno’s vehicles burst into flames, although it’s not but clear precisely what occurred.
Leno reportedly owns about 180 classic and unique vehicles and roughly 160 bikes. Since leaving The Tonight Show after 22 seasons in 2014, he has funneled his ardour for motor automobiles into the profitable CNBC sequence Jay Leno’s Garage, which has run for seven seasons. The most up-to-date episode featured President Joe Biden.
In 2016, Leno was in a automobile accident whereas testing a drag-racing automobile for Leno’s Garage, with the automobile rolling over a number of instances throughout a check run at California’s Irwindale Speedway. “Well that was certainly exciting,” Leno said at the time. “It doesn’t get more exciting than that.”